What happens after rhinoplasty surgery?
You will have nasal splints and gauze for a week after rhinoplasty surgery with swelling and bruising for up to 2 weeks, which will then start to diminish, but would be slightly visible for few months post surgery.
How much time will it take to recover?
Generally patients are able to return to normal activities such as work or school after 1 week. Strenuous sports, exercises, swimming, or other heavy physical activities should be curtailed for approximately 3 to 6 additional weeks.
You and your surgeon will continue to notice some swelling for a few months after surgery, but most casual observers would only notice something nice and different about your face.
Most people are able to get back to routine work within 2 weeks after surgery, as the obvious bruising and swelling subsides by then.
Most of the change to your nose shape will be evident within 2-12 weeks from surgery, but gradual changes will continue for up to a year, whereupon your new nose shape will become fully established.
However, it may take a few months before you can resume strenuous activity, and your surgeon will guide you about that, and also how to have a speedy recovery.
What do i need to do after rhinoplasty?
- Sleep with head end elevated.
- Avoid facial massage.
- Avoid smoking for 3 weeks.
- Splint removal at 7 days.
- Continue taping at daytime till 10 days. Then at night time for 3 weeks.
- Steam inhalation three times a day for 2 weeks.
- Keep suture line clean.
- Don’t blow your nose two weeks. Sneeze with open mouth.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects for 4 weeks.
- Avoid gym, straining for 4 weeks.
What can i expect after surgery?
- Eat soft food for 2 weeks after surgery.
- Some mild bleeding might be seen. It is normal.
- There can be some bruising and swelling. It will reduce.
- Your nose may feel numb. It will recover.
- Your breathing might feel different. You will get accustomed to it.
- You can return to work after 2 weeks.
- The result will continue to improve as the skin redrapes and swelling reduces. Full result will be seen at 6-12 months.
- Use sunscreen over the nose and face while going outdoors for 3 months after the surgery.
- Avoid any nasal trauma, even minor one while the nose is recovering.
- Write to email@example.com for any clarifications.