Many people have very heavy lower faces. This makes them appear older than their actual age. Buccal fat pad removal is a simple procedure to improve this
What is buccal fat pad removal?
The buccal fat pad is a collection of fat located in the cheeks in every individual. In some people this is larger than normal. It is resistant to exercise and diet.
Buccal fat pad removal is a simple procedure to remove this fat pad and there by give slimmer cheeks and a more sculpted face
Who is a good candidate?
- People with heavy cheeks and lower face
- Good general health
- Without much sagging skin
How is the procedure done?
- It is done under local anesthesia usually. If desired it can be done under general anesthesia
- A small incision is made on the inside of the cheek
- The buccal fat pad is dissected out
- The incision is then closed
- No dressing is needed
What is the recovery like?
- The patient can go to work after 2-3 days
- Spicy food should be avoided for a few days
- Oral cavity should be kept clean with mouthwashes and gargles