While implants have been the traditional method of breast augmentation, a newer innovation to breast augmentation surgery is fat grafting.
What is fat grafting?
This is a method to improve the size of the breast by injecting fat that has been harvested by liposuction from another area of the body by liposuction. Learn more about fat grafting.
Who is a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery?
Women desiring a modest improvement in their breast size, by up to a cup size are good candidates. Larger breast augmentations are better served by implants. There are usually two types of implants.
- Silicone implants are designed to simulate the feel and shape of a breast made out a bio-compatible substance called silicone.
- Saline filled implants are made of silicone bags that are filled using normal saline solution and the implants expand like a balloon.
What does the procedure involve?
- The procedure is done under local anesthesia with same day discharge
- The procedure begins with local anesthesia administration into your breast and liposuction area (usually the abdomen)
- Liposuction is then done to harvest the fat. To learn more about liposuction, click here.
- New moms also like this procedure, since it is perfect to restore volume that normally deflates after childbirth as well as getting rid of stubborn pockets of fat via liposuction of the body after having baby.
About your surgeon
Dr. Aniketh has trained with Dr. Roger Khouri, the world leader in breast augmentation by fat grafting in Miami, USA